Thursday, March 27, 2008

Here comes the rain

Rain - There's just something wonderful about it, isn't there? It's been beautiful these last few days but today is cloudy and drizzly. It makes me just want to stay home, cook, be with my family and kind of hibernate. I love the sound of the rain in the summer and the smell after the rain is finished. In reading Deuteronomy this past week, I read how as long as the Israelites follow God's law, He will bless them with rain on their crops - meaning success in their lives. Without their crops, they would perish. They also would have nothing to offer the Lord since part of that harvest would be given as an offering to Him.

God has given me so much in my life - blessed me in so many ways and I thank Him for all of it. I have a wonderful, Godly husband, 4 beautiful children, a home that's paid for, a church family who is truly family and best of all, a relationship with the God of the universe - who gave Himself as a payment for MY sins. God has watered my life (good AND bad), and I thankfully give Him all that I have and all that I do as an offering to Him.
Thank you Lord!

Deuteronomy 28:2 "And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the LORD your God."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
hugs
mel