Monday, April 28, 2008

Menu for this week

I see that others post their menus for the week so I guess I will join that trend. I have my order placed for Peapod (where they deliver the groceries to my kitchen! LOVE that man...), and I hit the store tonight for a couple of things that we needed. Here's the plan (which of course is subject to change):

Monday - BBQ pulled pork in the crockpot, rolls, cole slaw, salad
Tuesday - Sticky roast chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy
Wednesday - Chicken pot pie, salad
Thursday - Good salad (greens, leftover chicken, blue cheese, craisins, glazed walnuts, madarin oranges, with a balsamic vinaigrette), warm rolls or bakery bread
Friday - leftovers (we have small group)
Saturday - Spaghetti and meatballs, salad, Italian bread or rolls
Sunday - baked or BBQ pork chops (depending on the weather), buttered noodles, broccoli
Monday - Tacos, salad

All of the meats are what we have in the freezer already (I have the meatballs already made and the taco meat cooked and frozen). I try to get a few meals out of the roast chicken, thus the chicken, chicken pot pie and the salad. I'll fix up a bag of cleaned greens for the salads and we'll work out of that all week. Oh - I also picked up a 20 lb. bag of potatoes for $4 out near my in-laws. There are a bunch of farms on the east end of the island and this one place has 20 lb. bags of potatoes at the end of their driveway with a cash box sitting there. Each time we go, we pick up more potatoes and I'll try to use them up a lot over the next few weeks. So possibly one night I'll do a batch of baked potatoes and I think I'll try my hand at potato salad (if anyone has a good recipe, let me know).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fOR POTATO Salad I do
10-15 potatoes
Mayo
Bacon
Cheese shredded
Celery
carrots
Onion and
Egg
Cook the potaotes until almost soft, cool
Fry the bacon to crisp, I use about 5 slices
Shred your cheese
Cut the celery small
same with eggs ( hard boiled)
I use about 3 eggs
chop onion small
Put it all together with some mayo and pepper to taste, I sometimes add garlic powder to it .

Unknown said...

If you are just looking for potato recipes... try Pioneer Woman Cooks for an awesome breakfast potato recipe. Sounds so yummy!

Mamame said...

Thanks Ginger! I'll try it out!

Grace - I saw that and definitely want to try it out. :) I love Pioneer Woman's recipes - and her cooking blog is just so fun to read. :D