Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blessed silence

This is a huge pet peeve of mine in this age - no silence in our lives. What ever happened to just listening to the birds sing, the laughter of children or the quiet whisper of a breeze? Why must we all be bombarded by noises and even filling quiet times with more noise. I have an iPod but I have never used it other than when I'm cleaning and then it's in the kitchen dock where everyone can hear it. If I'm going to take a walk, I want silence. If I want to retreat away from the bustle of the world, I certainly don't need music to fill my every moment.

So Al Mohler wrote an article about this and I find myself this morning, with just the normal household noises singing to me, agreeing with what he says and not so surprised at some of the things in the article. So without further ado....

No comments: