Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday update and Menu

I see once again, it's been over a week since I've been here. Sorry!! Life is busy as usual and it seems just so....ordinary to me to post. But that's OK. :) Today I'll be hitting the barn (well, walking into it) and going to ride Whirl who had an appointment with the chiropractor on Saturday. That was really cool! Hopefully he'll start working on getting those muscles back in shape and maybe I'll reep some benefits too. ;)

Guess what I'm going to do? I'm going to work out a menu for the week .... LIVE! LOL So let's see what we're going to have:

Monday - Pioneer Woman's Rib Eye Steak, new potato salad with blue cheese and bacon and salad
Tuesday - DH and I are thinking of using the $100 gift certificate to get the $22.99 dinner for 2 at Famous Dave's - the BEST rib place. Then maybe we'll even go to the movies!
Wednesday - my dad will come over for dinner, and it's going to be raining, so I'm thinking of roasting a chicken and serving it with mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy.
Thurdsday - I ride again so I need something easy. I think I'll make chicken pot pie and serve it with salad
Friday - Hmmm - I'll be working but we don't have anything that night, so I think I'll make the "yummy salad" that we all love. It's lettuce, pears, blue cheese, chicken, craisins, nuts and a dressing made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar and 1 part honey. I'll pick up a nice bread from teh bakery to go with this.
Saturday - Sunday - I'm sure we'll do something boat-y one or both days so I'll plan something to BBQ. I have in the freezer sirloin steaks, chicken breast and pork tenderloin .... oh and chopped meat and burgers and dogs, so I'm sure I can figure something out. :) I think I'll make a pasta salad to get us through the weekend too.

So there you have it.

No comments: