Sunday, July 26, 2009

Strange letter we received yesterday

I was out for a lot of running around preparing for VBS yesterday and when I got home, my hubby told me to come into the kitchen. He had something to show me. It was an envelope from someone we don't know and he had opened it and handed me the contents. The first thing I saw was a car payment for my minivan that I had before the one I have now - dated July 15, 2001!! It was the envelope that I had mailed - or atleast I thought I had mailed. It was stamped but not cancelled (did you know that first class stamps are now 10 cents more expensive than 2001??). Then there was this letter:

Hello Mr. Snider,
This will certainly be an unusual letter. We purchased our car, a Sonata and my son found this under the front seat of the car the other day. Amazingly enough we've cleaned the car many times since the purchase. I hope it would be safe for me to assume this attempted payment was resolved. I thought it mght bring you some closure to where you thought you might have lost it.

On another note, this gave me an opportunity to share Christ with someone who I may never meet. Christ is Messiah dear friend, the Bible is truth, please read these tracts and if you don't know Christ has chosen to save you and grant repentance to you may He richly bless you with His gift of salvation. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God." "...God commands all men everywhere to repent" "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." "...unless a man be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of heaven." "The Lord God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your midst, from your brethren, Him you shall bear."

Your friend,
(name)

How cool is that?? It's going to be fun to let him know that he contacted a pastor - but I'm sure he'd love to know that he actually introduced someone to Christ. But we'll send him a letter letting him know we got his letter and that he and my husband are brothers in Christ.

Just thought that was very interesting!

3 comments:

Michelle ~ Blogging from the Boonies said...

Wow, that gave my goosebumps! pandily

Anonymous said...

Whaw, I thought I commented on this post!

This is really awesome, Ann! Small world, eh?

Karyn said...

OMW I have the chills.....wow!