Monday, December 28, 2009

Reading through the Bible in a year




I don't know how many of you do this but it's a wonderful blessing to read through the whole Bible.  I have to admit that this last time I read through the Bible, it was over 2 years but I'm just going to be done at the end of this year.  I read through the Bible in chronological order which was AWESOME because it showed me that I was not experiencing deja vu in reading some things but that the Old Testament DOES have things written twice in different books.  LOL  Thanks, Michelle, for getting me that plan two years ago!

This year, I'm going to follow a new plan.  It's from Discipleship Journal and it's a great plan because it has you reading just 25 days out of the month, which I think it SO realistic and freeing.  Admit it, there's ALWAYS a day we miss here and there and to allow us a few extra days to "miss" is wonderful.  Additionally, this plan has us reading through 4 different parts of the Bible each day.  It has bookmarks for you to keep in your Bible so that you can easily find and check off each section as you read.

If you'd like to see the entire thing printed out in one compact brochure, see here.

If you'd like to get the bookmarks, go here and here.

So, anyone want to join me??  Let's get into God's Word this year!

3 comments:

Our Spin Cycle said...

Yes, I want to join you! Thank you for sharing this reading plan. I started a Chronological Plan last year, and fell behind after some time ~ then became overwhelmed because I couldn't catch up...and felt defeated.

I am looking forward to progressing through this plan. Thanks, again, Dear One!

Mamame said...

Don't worry if you fall behind. The goal is to read through the Bible. I may not finish this in a year but I'm going to try. It may take two years like the last time but I did not give up and I'm almost done! Don't ever feel defeated because that's not God speaking to you but Satan. He wants you to think you've failed but how can we ever fail by reading God's Word - even if it's not quite in the time frame that is laid out by the plan?? Just keep plugging away. Don't look at dates. Just read. :)

Ella said...

I'll be joining you sisters. I use a different plan, but whatever works for each of us, the most important thing is getting God's word into us and being transformed by His word.
Thank you for sharing this post Mamame and for the wonderful blessing that you are to each of us!
Hugs & Prayers, GG