Sunday, December 6, 2009

SILVER BELLS

Well, I have been sucked into the vortex that is known as the "Church Christmas Drama".  Our church does a huge production each year and this year there was a sound man but no one who was available to actually trigger the sounds (music and sound effects).  Since I'm the "expert" on this computer program that we have (and "expert" is in quotes for a reason because I barely know all of the features of the program myself but am learning a bit ahead of everyone else),  it was mentioned to me that a person was needed and, after checking with hubby about it, I went ahead and said OK.  The director was thrilled because she knew that she wouldn't have to teach me what to do since I know this program already.  So in the last few weeks, I've been to MANY hours of rehearsals and spent many more hours doing programming of the computer and setting up sounds.  It's been a lot of fun and the program is wonderful.

"Silver Bells" is a modern-day rendition of A Christmas Carol.  We see Mr. Benjamin Smith, a wealthy businessman in the role of Scrooge and his assistant is a single mom.  We follow through the past, present and future to visit a children's mission, a deaf church (we truly have a deaf church at our church and the deaf come and sign a beautiful song) and the home of Mrs. Jones and her 3 children, one of whom is ill.  It's a wonderful show where the Gospel is presented and tonight was the first show that was performed before a packed house.  We had over 700 in attendance tonight and it was great.

Here's a little taste from our dress rehearsal yesterday:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ann, the play looks wonderful! I wish we could fly out and see it! :D