Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My goal this fall - ORGANIZE!!!

Well, my ultimate goal this fall is to get organized.  It's tough when you have a family that is like a giant anchor trying to keep you from doing it (not consciously, of course) but I'm going to do what I can.

So, every single day, I plan to do SOMETHING to get my home organized.

Yesterday I felt lousy but while I was watching HGTV for 5 hours, I went through the giant pile of magazines I had.  After that, I cleaned out two shelves of the linen closet in my master bedroom.  I threw out a number of things.

Last week, I cleaned my entire basement.  What a job that was!!  Today I cleaned up the mouse that found my trap yummy.  Bleck on that but it was nice that I could set the trap next to the wall and SEE it when I went downstairs.  I haven't been able to see the walls in about 12 years!

Today - what should I do today?  Hmm - I don't have a ton of time because of homeschooling and ending up doing a LOT of stuff on the church website but ....

Breaking news!  I just got a call from hubby and with the crazy schedule tonight, I don't have to cook a big dinner since my big girls won't be home and he had lunch at 3 so he's not hungry and he has a meeting in 2 hours anyway.  So I don't have to worry about squeezing in food shopping but will do it when I have more time.  :)

OK - Back to organizing - what should I do today??  Hmmm - OK, I'm going to sort socks.  :D  Yeah, I know, exciting life but I have a huge laundry basket overflowing that needs to be dealt with.  So tonight, after the kiddies go to bed, I will sort socks.  Yeah!!

I will admit though - tomorrow I most likely will not do much since I have an all day meeting for the church staff.  I'll be lucky to feed my family.  ;)  OK so I will modify my goal to this:  6 out of 7 days I will organize my home.

No comments: