Wow! Two posts in one day!! LOL But I wanted to post what we're having for dinner tonight. I LOVE this salad! We first tried it about a month ago and it quickly made it into the rotation because my family ADORES it. It's great for a night like tonight when we're going to be going out shortly after hubby comes home.
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1 ready to use Italian pizza bread shell crust (about one pound)
3 medium-size tomatoes (about 1 lb.) cored and coarsely chopped
1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
6 cups green leaf lettuce pieces, torn
2 oz. pepperoni
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Dressing: Mix tomato, oil and garlic in a small skillet or saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, breaking apart tomato with spoon. Transfer to blender.
3. Add vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar and basil. Pulse to blend. Set dressing aside.
4. Place prepared pizza shell on rack in 450 degree oven. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until shell is crisp and lightly browned.
5. Salad: Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, lettuce and pepperoni in large bowl. Remove pizza shell from oven; slice into bite-sized pieces. Add pizza pieces to bowl; toss with dressing.
How I Stay Motivated to Organize in the Summer
3 hours ago